Re: NetBSD Archive Site Seems to be Down in Northeast USA

Dan Plassche <boomer3200%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 22:05:45 -0400 (EDT) (9 hours, 52 minutes ago)

> Just wanted to give a heads up that I'm in NY in the USA and noticing
> that the NetBSD archive site seems to be down in my region this week.
>
> When going to http://archive.netbsd.org/pub I get an "error 503 first
> byte timeout" from the varnish cache server.

(It's almost 10 hours later.)

FWIW, from MA it works fine, ISP v4 and he v6 (which is in NY).
But that is:

dualstack.o.ssl.global.fastly.net. 4 IN A       151.101.117.6
dualstack.o.ssl.global.fastly.net. 30 IN AAAA   2a04:4e42:1c::262

> The issue seems to be regional because I can get to the archive by
> changing to different parts of the country via an SDF shell and vpn,
> which allows me to reach different local servers on the CDN.
> Hardcoding the IP address for archive.netbsd.org in my /etc/hosts file
> to an alternate version like one for Seattle at 151.101.53.6 also
> succeeds from my normal internet provider and IP address in NY.

This has happened from time to time and my very dim memory is that the
issues don't last super long.   I would expect fastly has monitoring and
their ops people fix things.