Re: LAST THING: making mwm resources work

On Thu 07 Jul 2022 at 09:36:19 +0200, ignatios%cs.uni-bonn.de@localhost wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 06, 2022 at 12:20:56PM +0000, Todd Gruhn wrote:
> > SOOOOOO, I to:
> >
> > xrdb .Xresources
> >
> > MWM works fine ...
> >
> > Restart NetBSD, and no colors. It is like the resources  all went away.
> > Why?
>
> Assuming you're starting via .xsession:
>
> Put that line into your .xsession, before mwm is started.

I would even make it "xrdb -merge .Xresources". Otherwise the new file
"overwrites" all existing resource in the resource database.

But a script like /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc or /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession
actually should have done this already.
But maybe you log in with some other display manager which does not do
that.

-Olaf.
--
___ "Buying carbon credits is a bit like a serial killer paying someone else to
\X/  have kids to make his activity cost neutral." -The BOFH    falu.nl@rhialto