Re: Setting keyboard layout on xterm

Hello All,

I have made some changes, and ended up using "C.UTF-8" for the LANG
variable. This has been set in my .xinitrc file, as Martin, Tom, and
RVP pointed out. Here is what I have in my .xinitrc

export LANG=C.UTF-8
export LC_CTYPE=$LANG
export LC_ALL=""

I have also changed my ~/.Xresources file to this, for the fonts.

XTerm*vt100.utf8: 1
XTerm*vt100.locale: true
XTerm*vt100.font: *-fixed-medium-r-*-*-15-*-*-*-*-*-iso10646-*

I could not make uxterm work, there might be a script, or something,
or maybe I had to run xterm as "xterm -class UXTerm" or something like
that. But since I got this working with xterm, that is sufficient for
now.

If someone can tell me how to run uxterm. Is there a script in the
system? How do we do that?

Anyways, I  have UTF-8 working on my system.

I can also change the keyboard layout to tr, de, and us on the fly,
and for the tr, and de layouts I can use the characters defined in
those languages, and I see them printed in the xterm. I can even use
the characters defined in those languages/layouts in stock vi on the
system.

Happy :) I thank you all for all the help. I appreciate it very much. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Riza