Re: Hyperlink urls in Alpine email

On Tue, 19 Apr 2022, RVP wrote:

Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 07:59:02 +0000 (UTC)
From: RVP <rvp%SDF.ORG@localhost>
To: Clay Daniels <clays.shell%SDF.ORG@localhost>
Cc: netbsd-users <netbsd-users%NetBSD.org@localhost>
Subject: Re: Hyperlink urls in Alpine email

On Tue, 19 Apr 2022, Clay Daniels wrote:

server using their browser, not my ssh connection. I've tried to use the select, press shift & printscreen, and it works to shift & insert to a terminal window just fine, but not to firefox. Any ideas, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

This is explained in the xterm FAQ[1] and in the xterm manual under
"Custom Key Bindings": enable "Select to Clipboard" in "VT Options" and
highlighted selections will be copied into the Clipboard from where you
can then paste using Ctrl-V in Firefox.

[1]: https://invisible-island.net/xterm/xterm.faq.html#xterm_select_clipboard

-RVP

Thanks Much RVP. It took a little fooling around, but I got it figured out. There's a lot of extra menu items with the CTL and all three mouse buttons that I was totally missing out on. I had only used the CTL & Right Click to select larger font. I was missing a lot. I bookmarked the xterm FAQ.

I have noticed from some of your posts before that you have a SDF mail account. I find it handy for use with command line bsd.

Clay