Re: cannot start detached sessions (with -m -d) back to back

On Sat, 1 Jan 2022, Adam Russell wrote:

I can confirm that the patch given above works for me. I built this in pkgsrc. After the existing patches ran I manually applied the patch and then ran make.

OK, but, I think we can do better than rudely sending processes a SIGHUP.
Using the BSD-native /dev/ptm device (via openpty(3) & friends) instead of
/dev/ptmx seems to do the right thing: EOF when the PTY master is closed.

File a PR (Category: pkg) and I'll send in a better fix (and, hopefully,
not break compatibility in the process) some time this week. Email me the
PR# since I'm not on the pkgsrc lists.

Thanks,
-RVP