Re: Release / NetBSD as mobile OS

If my BMW GS motorcycle display can run on NetBSD (judging by listings of patents and rights) ,all wireless connectivities included, engine control, and great touch screen GUI, I don't see why not. Just no big maker bothers doing it.

On Thu, Dec 16, 2021, 10:31 Matthias Petermann <mp%petermann-it.de@localhost> wrote:

Am 16.12.2021 um 07:33 schrieb Piper H:
> Is there a mobile OS based on BSD, besides OSX?

That depends on how you define mobile OS. Basically there is everything
you need in NetBSD to make it a usable OS for mobile devices. To get an
idea of this, I recommend this blog post from 2017. Under "Device Driver
Support", it goes into particular detail about many aspects that are
relevant for use on mobile devices:

https://blog.netbsd.org/tnf/entry/netbsd_on_allwinner_socs_update

And yes - I also wish that one day I can have NetBSD on my cell phone :-)

Kind regards
Matthias