Re: Regarding the boot process.

Hello,

On Thu, Sep 2, 2021 at 10:28 PM Michael van Elst <mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost> wrote:

> gdt%lexort.com@localhost (Greg Troxel) writes:
>
> >Riza Dindir <riza.dindir%gmail.com@localhost> writes:
> >> in place of my DVD drive. When i try to boot the OS (NetBSD), it
> >> prints out a string "mem [0x000000-0x000001 0xaaaa-0xbbb ...]" and
> >> stops there. No boot menu, nothing.
> >>
> >> At what stage in the boot process is this string shown?
>
> >That may be from the BIOS.
>
> It's probably the message from efi_memory_probe() without the space
> after "mem". The following steps are rather quiet, so it's difficult
> to see where it stops.

Yes there is no space after mem I believe.

Yes there is nothing printed out after the mem range printout. But
when the NetBSD HDD is the only drive in the system, after the mem
range printout, it displays the boot menu that is present in the
boot.conf file and when I press enter, it starts the boot process.