Firefox making system freeze

Hello,

I am using NetBSD (9.2 - amd64) from a usb 3.0 drive (hdd not a flash
drive). The reason for this is my malfunctioning hdd caddy. This is
not to be permanent. As soon as I have the hdd caddy work, I will move
that drive into my laptop. But the system is usable with X and TWM at
this stage.

I have two problems. One is with firefox and is concerning me more.
The other is something small, and did not happen a lot in the 2 weeks
I have been using the system.

My first problem is regarding firefox freezing up the system. I am
suspecting it has to do with my setup I have mentioned briefly above.

I have installed firefox.

I started firefox. Visited gmail, and searched on the web to make sure
the app is running and am able to access the internet. The system
became unresponsive. I also remember at some stage that umass did
detach or became unresponsive, but not remember the exact message i
saw on the tty's.

I tried it the second time, and I had the same problem. Would this
setup, currently using NetBSD from a usb 3 drive (no flash, actual
hdd) cause this issue?

The other problem is about X resetting when starting TWM. Here are the details.

I have been using NetBSD for 2 weeks now. I am using TWM. When I quit
TWM and start TWM again with startx, the system resets. But this
happened a couple of times (2-3 times). And not happening anymore. Not
sure why. When I looked at the X.org.log in /var/log, the file was
empty. What other logs are there on the system? In cases like this
where can I look for logs? Do I have to set some logging flags to get
more information in these rare cases?

Thanks in advance, for any insights, ideas...

Regards,
Riza