Re: 9.2: pkgin packages do not register pkg_info

Hi Greg,

Greg Troxel wrote:
> I don't either, but my advice is to *always* set PKG_DBDIR explicitly in
> btoh mk.conf and pkg_install.conf.  Check if you have the split brain
> situation, or something else:
>
> https://pkgsrc.org/pkgdb-change/

oh, I fear I have split. But, permit me, this is bad: I have a
super-fresh install; I used pkg_add to instappl pkgin and nothing more!
So what went wrong?

localhost$ /usr/sbin/pkg_add -V
20201218
localhost$ /usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_add -V
20210410

The versions are exactly the two which are cited as "good"!

I will follow the script... but it is bad to land this way without
actually "doing" an upgrade... should we migrate essentially wth the
script a clean 9.2 install?

in
/usr/pkg/pkgdb

I essentially only have pkgin -> the one which I added with pkg_add

in /var/db/pkg I have all the packages installed with the said pkgin!

Riccardo