Re: mpv and estd and --vo=xv

On Sun, 11 Jul 2021, Rhialto wrote:

I also use estd to dymamically throttle down the cpu freqency when the
system is not so busy. So most of the time it is set to 800 MHz, the
lowest possible value.

From what nia@ tells me (and this is also in the guide: section 11.1.4.),
you shouldn't need estd at all:

    Many modern hardware supports an "automatic adjustment" frequency,
    usually this will be a reported frequency that ends in 1. On systems
    without this functionality, sysutils/estd can be installed from
    pkgsrc to perform automatic adjustment depending on load in software,
    although it will be less efficient than hardware scaling.

Just disable estd. I used to run it to cool my CPU before I learnt
this (and it does--by about a measly 5 C or so).

-RVP