Re: procfs difference between NetBSD and Linux

On Fri, Jun 04, 2021 at 12:47:09AM +0700, Robert Elz wrote:
> ps: But I'm not sure this is a POSIX problem, POSIX has no procfs,
> and so anything that uses one is outside the bounds of what POSIX
> specifies, and into the great vastness of beyond all knowledge -
> ie: for POSIX, anything on a procfs is an unspecified operation.

And any software requiring a procfs mount to work correctly is not portable
(for some sense of portable).

We should document this requirement in the samba pkg, but I guess MESSAGE
is not a good place for that. Maybe make the rc scripts check for it?

Martin