Re: procfs difference between NetBSD and Linux

Robert Elz wrote:

> ps: But I'm not sure this is a POSIX problem, POSIX has no procfs,
> and so anything that uses one is outside the bounds of what POSIX
> specifies, and into the great vastness of beyond all knowledge -
> ie: for POSIX, anything on a procfs is an unspecified operation.

https://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xsh/open.html doesn't
mention anything about what filesystem types back the path being opened.
It does say that O_CREAT without O_EXCL should have no effect if the
files exists.  That this particular instance is related to procfs
shouldn't make a difference, right?

Cheers,
Simon.