Re: back to "Drive ID Changed"

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021, RVP wrote:

Since the partition starts at sect. 2048 (enough room for a GPT),
and we can get the start and sizes of the disklabel partitions, I
think we can get away with just making the GPT--and just leave the
existing data in place.

But, what should be done with the redundant disklabel? Can we leave
it alone, or will we have to zero it out? Martin?

Ah...I see that there is a `migrate' command in gpt(8). Never used
it, though...

One of the migrated GPT partitions will have to be shrunk to make room
for the EFI ESP, and /usr/mdec/*.efi will have to be copied into it.

I think that covers everything--aside from the GPT labelling and the
rewriting of the device paths to use those labels in /etc/fstab and
/boot.cfg.

-RVP