Re: NetBSD on bhyve on TrueNAS Core

On Sun, 25 Apr 2021 at 06:08, Thomas Mueller <mueller6726%twc.com@localhost> wrote:

> Excerpt from Chavdar Ivanov:
>
> > userconf disable xhci*
>
> > I mean, for the installation you will have to quickly go to the vnc
> > window, interrupt the boot to command line and enter 'boot -c'; then
>
> > disable xhci
> > quit
>
> > Then go through the installation as normal, GPT etc. After it
> > finishes, go to the command line, mount your root dk (should be dk1)
> > and add the above line to /boot.cfg .
> > Chavdar
>
> I thought USB 3 with xhci was working on NetBSD.  Have some bugs recently arisen?

It is bhyve what is crashing when xhci comes to be configured;
otherwise xhci - on a real host - is working. I see my first
NetBSD-current vm installation under FreeNAS to have had the same
problem on the 5th of February this year - as is now.  It is not clear
therefore where the problem is, but I would say the virtualizer
shouldn't crash when the guest has a problem of a kind - if it can't
deal with the presented configuration, it should be able to gracefully
quit.

--
----