Re: NetBSD on bhyve on TrueNAS Core

On Sat, 24 Apr 2021 at 18:44, Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Apr 2021 at 18:40, Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> > > That sounds good. What settings do you use? In particular, the web UI
> > > gives me Windows, Linux and FreeBSD as the choice of host OS. I chose
> > > FreeBSD but perhaps that was a mistake?
> >
> > Same...

> > > Same.
> >
> > But - my working NetBSD system was created on my TrueNAS server ages
> > ago - well, when 9.99.79 was -current, I mean, and it still works.
> >
> > I tried to install 9.99.81 from my last ISO, from 22nd of April, and
> > it fails the same way for me as well, and I see in the host dmesg:
> >
> > pid 99497 (bhyve), jid 0, uid 0: exited on signal 11
> >
> > The interface still shows the guest as running, and attempts to stop
> > it lead to python3.8 error trace with an unknown reason.
> >
> > It is either a TrueNAS bug, or something in the latest builds is
> > bugging bhyve. I'll try to install some Linux perhaps, t see if I can
> > create new VMs at all.
> >

> > > --
> > > Benny
>

> userconf disable xhci*

I mean, for the installation you will have to quickly go to the vnc
window, interrupt the boot to command line and enter 'boot -c'; then

disable xhci
quit

Then go through the installation as normal, GPT etc. After it
finishes, go to the command line, mount your root dk (should be dk1)
and add the above line to /boot.cfg .
Chavdar

--
----