Re: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR

On Sat 24 Apr 2021 at 13:39:03 -0400, Bob Bernstein wrote:
> I have built from pkgsrc 'lyx' with the qt5 libs. Typing 'lyx' at a command
> prompt yields:
>
> $ lyx
> QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-bob'
>
> I pecked through the qt5 pkgsrc dirs (for the qt5 packages that were built)
> hoping to find a MESSAGE containing instructions for setting
> XDG_RUNTIME_DIR. (Not sure why I suspected qt5 in that connection.)
>
> Any and all suggestions will be examined.

Did you ever have LyX installed / running before? I used it before, and
checked my version, and I didn't get that. In my ~/.lyx directory I
found a reference to "xdg-open" (in configure.log), which is part of
xdg-utils. It is just a wild guess, but does it help if you install
that?

> > From my 9.99.81 amd64 system with pkgsrc via git 4/15/21.

Did you install from the latest stable branch (2021Q1)? I have; if you
installed from the -current version, there may be differences. And if
you mixed installs from different point in time of pkgsrc, that may also
confuse things.

> Thank youse.
-Olaf.
--
___ Q: "What's an anagram of Banach-Tarski?"  -- Olaf "Rhialto" Seibert
\X/ A: "Banach-Tarski Banach-Tarski."         -- rhialto at falu dot nl