Re: Speed up unbundling of hg bundles

On Sat, Dec 12, 2020 at 01:18:29PM +0100, Matthias Petermann wrote:
> I remember that I had discussed the problem here before. At that time I had
> tried direct cloning, which had taken 11 hours or more.

It sounds more like you are hitting a python (or NetBSD library) bug here
(unless your machine has too little RAM and is quite slow).

Without special hg extensions, direct cloning seems to automatically use
the "clone bundle" via cdn route for me, which should be the fastest.
Thinks have definitively improved with recent pkgsrc versions (and I heard
rumors upcoming versions optimize even better for machines with smaller RAM).

Martin