Speed up unbundling of hg bundles

Hello all,

what is the fastest way to get a working local clone of the NetBSD-src Mercurial repository?

I am currently using the following scheme:

# ftp https://cdn.netbsd.org/_bundles/src/77d2a2ece3a06d837da45acd0fda80086ab4113c.zstd.hg
# hg init src
# cd src
# hg unbundle ../77d2a2ece3a06d837da45acd0fda80086ab4113c.zstd.hg

The last command has now been running for 20 hours at 100% CPU utilisation of one core by a Python process. I know from previous attempts that it may well take that long. Given these times, would it make sense to provide a .tar.gz of an already "unbundled" repository as a basis? Or does that already exist and I haven't found it yet?

Thank you and best regards
Matthias