bpfjit enable?

Hi,

I've just updated my home server/router to 9.1 and in the process decided to move from ipfilter to npf (similar to what was discussed in this thread  http://netbsd.2816.n7.nabble.com/npf-questions-td432040.html#a43204).  I'm using a GENERIC kernel (amd64) and have adapted one of the npf example files to fit my setup and, so far, everything seems to be working well.  As in the discussion above, though, I noticed that net.bpf.jit=0.  Should this be enabled automatically in a GENERIC kernel?  Or does it even need to be enabled at all?  Man pages and documentation not really helping me here...

Thanks,
Steve