Re: how to get uptodate source for a package

ts1000 <ts1000%rad2know.net@localhost> writes:

> How do I get via cvs up command the latest source code for OpenJDK11
> package?
> In my pkgsrc I get (by using:  cd /usr/pkgsrc && cvs up -dP )
> "openjdk11-1.11.0.8.11"

Probably you have a pkgsrc checkout on the 2020Q3 branch.   Look in
CVS/Tag to see.

To change that checkout, use "cvs up -A" (with or without -dP).

Changing the entire tree is strictly the right  thing to do.  Then you
will need to rebuild every package that is different from the tree.

However, if you have built a lot of packages, and you just want the
openjdk fix, you can cd to that directory and run cvs up -A just there.
This is irregular and formally moves you outside the bounds of what is
expected to work, but my guess is that it will be less trouble.

(About a month from now, 2020Q4 will exist, and it will have the new version.)