Re: Tunneling in NetBSD

Of course, all clients have to install the VPN client of their choice, as well as well as any certificate or complementary authentication SW/HW tools (e.g. smartcard, OTP tokens).

In my experience, small companies often use OpenVPN and large ones (e.g. banks) prefer proprietary solutions such as FortiNet.
The VPN client is generally deployed/updated automatically when the laptop is connected to the enterprise network, like any other application.

Before COVID, only a few selected people were allowed to connect to the enterprise network through a VPN, but this privilege has now been extended to a much wider population. :)