Re: Mailing-list misconfiguration?

    Date:        Sun, 8 Nov 2020 15:29:12 +0100
    From:        Vincent DEFERT <20.100%defert.com@localhost>

  | My understanding is that when NetBSD's mailing-list software forwards my
  | posts to other subscribers, it keeps my email as sender address

As it should.

Subscribers can (on most lists) sign up for the digested versions if
this doesn't work for them.

  | instead of replacing it with netbsd-users%netbsd.org@localhost.

I am on a list or two that has gone that route.  It is a disaster.

  | And because mail.netbsd.org is not listed in my SPF record (of course),

There is no "of course" about it, you can add mail.netbsd.org there if
you like.   Better would be to delete it.

  | those forwarded emails are considered as spam.

SPF is nonsense as spam prevention.   It is one (of several) absurd
technologies that happened to work for a few weeks when they were
first introduced, and now accomplish absolutely nothing.   The spammers
are (mostly) making money by sending that stuff (one way or another),
they're not going to let trivial things like that allow their mail to
be trivially detected as spam.   They just work around it.

kre