Living with Rust

I am liable to change important system files without really knowing what I'm doing beyond trusting one of you wonderful NetBSD developers never far from this list.

Over the weekend, having made progress cleaning up this old system, I asked it to build in pkgsrc Firefox68, and, unsurprisingly, I soon was watching a build of rust. (Rust and firefox both built successfully. (PTL and pass the ammunition.)

AND, I notice in my /etc/mk.conf, to get back to my opening point, this line:

RUST_TYPE=src

Can someone tell me what that line does, and if it is really what an old, retired hobbyist wants in that file.

Thank you

--
Man is essentially a dreamer, wakened sometimes for a
moment by some peculiarly obtrusive element in the outer