Re: entropy-file

03.07.2020 18:54, Taylor R Campbell wrote:

The default location is /var/db/entropy-file, but if /var is on a
separate file system, the bootloader won't be able to get at it.  So
in that case, sysinst tries to add
	random_file=/etc/entropy-file
to /etc/rc.conf, and
	rndseed /etc/entropy_file
to boot.cfg.

Thanks for explanation!

However, you say
but it always tries to update to /var/db/entropy-file
Can you expand on this?  Can you confirm that /etc/rc.conf and
boot.cfg both agree on /etc/entropy-file, and can you say what
symptoms suggest that the system is nevertheless trying to use
/var/db/entropy-file?
It was about etcupdate(8) trying to update rc.conf and boot.cfg.
I was sure that this happens because we have different locations
in RELEASE and STABLE. It will not confuse me anymore, thanks!

--
Dima Veselov
Physics R&D Establishment of Saint-Petersburg University