Re: NetBSD Jails

On Fri, 15 May 2020 11:15:47 -0400
Julien Savard <juliensavard17%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Hi,
> According to the current virtualization roadmap, a jail like feature is
> coming to netbsd (
> https://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/src/doc/roadmaps/virtualization
>  ).

This file looks pretty stale, dated 2012 at the bottom.

> Any Idea when it will be available ?
> Can't wait to have jails on NetBSD.

I have also wanted this feature for a long time. Currently I manage a
lot of applications in running in self contained chroot'ed
environments, less for security and more for organization. I can
tarball them up and move to a different server with ease; or completely
reinstall a new major version of NetBSD and run the same chroots without
modification.

Jails would turn my chroots into true containers.

--
Aaron B. <aaron%zadzmo.org@localhost>