Re: NetBSD install experiences

> On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 01:23:59PM -0700, Salil Wadnerkar wrote:
> > I also want to raise one issue about the install.
> > When we try to configure networking, it lets us choose the interface and
> > when we select wireless interface, asks us to choose autoconfigure, or
> > configure everything manually. In autoconfigure, it doesn't even ask which
> > wireless network I want to connect to, and what's the WPA passphrase.

> Yes, wireless network setup is not existent in the installer, it needs
> to be done by escaping to the shell and preparing things manualy before
> returning to sysinst.

> It is on the TODO list...

> Martin

My experience with sysinst was that the shell was a very limited, rudimentary version of sh.

You would pretty much need to know all the things you need to do to configure the wireless interface before going into a sysinst install.

It seems that setting up a wireless connection with ifconfig and wpa_supplicant is much simpler in FreeBSD than in NetBSD; not sure about Linux.

Tom