Re: NetBSD install experiences

On Wed 13 May 2020 at 07:03:41 +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> You actually *can* install to some existing GPT partition, e.g. dk0 or dk1,
> and it should just work (but you can not sub-partition dk* devices). The
> installer handles this special case.
>
> But you also can select "wd0" as the target and add additional NetBSD GPT
> partitions there (if space is available) and then install into those.

On the other hand, when you're doing an update, I had to guess whether I
should select the GPT partition that was my root partition, or the whole
disk. I guessed the root partition and apparently that was correct :-)

> Martin
-Olaf.
--
Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert -- rhialto at falu dot nl
___  Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on