Re: wine64 (devel) and NetBSD 8.0

On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 16:51:12 +0200
tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost wrote:

> I would have liked to test piping the processes just invoking wine
> (for console programs) as a part of the pipe, not writing huge amount
> of temporary data being a huge win...

If you can get Wine to work reliably on NetBSD this may work.
Otherwise, you could try other approaches:

1. Generating data on a Windows VM and piping/sending it across the
network to a NetBSD process, i.e. netcat. This avoids writing data to
some storage medium, but your VM environment may need fast networking
implementation, depending on how much data you generate.

2. Do all processing on a Windows VM or physical host. You can compile
Posix code inside a Cygwin environment. There is even "Windows
subsystem for Linux" from Microsoft, but I've never used, so don't know
how well it works. If your code is mostly Posix and doesn't require
special BSD extensions, this could work for you.