Re: tcsh and accented characters (strange problem)

At Mon, 9 Mar 2020 15:52:06 +0100, tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost wrote:
Subject: Re: tcsh and accented characters (strange problem)

> If I'm not mistaken, the internationalization code (citrus) is only
> available via dynamic shared objects loading. If you compile all
> statically, you don't have the internationalization (iconv and the
> rest).

Note the patches in PR#18151 by Anders Hjalmarsson solved this problem
for static-linked binaries way back in 2002 (by allowing a set number of
locales to be supported at compile time).

I've been keeping those patches up-to-date in my own tree since about
2008 (though I'm still back on ~8.99) and they work well!

Note this task is also mentioned in:

	https://wiki.netbsd.org/projects/project/static-locale/

But unfortunately there's no mention in that project item about PR#18151
and it's still listed as a 1-month task -- it's actually now only a few
hours work.

Kelowna, BC     +1 250 762-7675           RoboHack <woods%robohack.ca@localhost>