Re: green lines hell

Hi ANdrei,

Andrei M. wrote:
> In all recent major versions of NetBSD/amd64, incl. NetBSD 9.0 error
> notifications from the kernel are forwarded in green colour to the
> first vt. In my case it mostly concerns notifications about hardware
> probing going on or when a connection change happens to the net card
> (I use an ASUS K70ID laptop). It happens every few minutes, looks
> terrible from the aesthetic point of view, when you're typing
> something and then this breaks your line, even within vi, and can even
> be some sort of security threat when it messes up the password prompt.
>
> It's usually recommended to switch to vt2, vt3 etc. in order to avoid
> seeing these notifications. But this is not possible, when you're
> installing the OS. Installation menus get broken by this green flood
> and then are redrawn below, turning the whole thing into a complete
> mishmash. Here's some screenshots:
>
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=12YTQt7t8q5mX-X0uJ-sitTTKJWg5xSat
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Nkmpwfg6ybkpLfGHCbnkVwVIhMLgV-q9
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MPKRrFCHCiBOwDWzuTA61wBcvK1TuDXn
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t0HG8NRywz6CmYZx0CBk8bx07WS3nV5h
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mM3cgyJZL2y20XX0B2T8iaJ9kMjx3kU5
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZdK8pzIgGJ1PmXDwxVBHhvkXOdE-kLcL
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1r5u26pPmYx6Eeq_FZsnT4zrgDj6SnaC6
>
> I've never seen anything like that in other BSD's or Linux distros
> that I've had on the same computer.
> So I'm wondering if these green notifications are of such importance
> to someone, why not to reserve for them one vt (not vt1) where no
> input from user would be assumed? And of course it would be good to
> shut them down in the installation system.

It is "normal" for any BSD system I have seen to spit these out.
However, the issue for you here is that they should not repeat like this.
I think it is your mouse that is connecting/reconnecting several times.
I have seen that happen, coul d be bad power saving or something similar.

Try changing mouse? Or disconnect it since you don't even need it.

Riccardo