Re: ZFS status

On Tue, 25 Feb 2020 at 11:36, Rocky Hotas <rockyhotas%firemail.cc@localhost> wrote:

> On feb 24 23:39, David Brownlee wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Or if another disk is plugged in that appears as a lower numbered
> > device, for example making the disk switch from wd1 to wd2.
>
> Ok!
>
> > Apologies, poor phrasing on my part - I meant whole devices rather
> > than partition within a device - so wd4, ld0, sd3, as opposed to wd1e
> > or raid2f. I suspect wedges such as dk3 should be fine, but again,
> > better to give zfs the whole device. (on a note of light amusement I
> > have used all of the mentioned devices in zfs pools at least once :)
>
> No problem. Yes, according to the previous message from Chavdar Ivanov,
> wedges can be used as well.
> If you tested any sort of device, it's definitely good :)! ZFS seems
> very flexible about that.

Yup - To clarify, I've used zfs without issue on wedges, while I
believe I have restarted with the wedge appearing as a different
device id I cannot confirm it.
While I have restarted with different device ids for the other
devices, and the only one to have an issue was on disklabelled
partitions. I should file a PR :)

Thanks

David