Re: ZFS status

Hi!
I was also trying to learn ZFS and still have some doubts. Thanks for
the suggestions in this whole thread. A couple of questions:

On feb 21 13:40, David Brownlee wrote:

[...]

> - If you make a zfs filesystem on a disklabel partition (eg wd0f) and
> the disk moves zfs does not seem to be able to find it again.

Do you mean if the disk is removed from the system and then plugged
there again?

> zfs best practice is to use raw devices, so this shouldn't be an issue
> for most people

For example, assume that you would like to create a new pool called
`newpool' using disk /dev/wd0.
By `using the raw device', are you meaning `zpool create newpool rwd0'?

Rocky