Re: ZFS status

On 21/02/2020 13:40, David Brownlee wrote:
- If you make a zfs filesystem on a disklabel partition (eg wd0f) and
the disk moves zfs does not seem to be able to find it again. If you
run MAKEDEV for the affected device into a new directory and point zfs
at that then it picks up the disk. This gave me something of a scare.
zfs best practice is to use raw devices, so this shouldn't be an issue
for most people

I hit with issue with my experiments with the Root On ZFS ramdisk.
Coupled with the fact that the ramdisk needs the FFS boot partiton to be labelled makes GPT a must have.

Roy