Re: NetBSD ZFS basics?

On Mon, 17 Feb 2020 at 10:17, Michael Huff <mphuff%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm playing with netbsd on virtualbox. Because NetBSD can't boot from
> ZFS (for now) I have two disks; a small one for the system and a larger
> one to put zfs and other things on.
>
> I've figured out how to create and destroy pools and datasets; but I
> haven't been able to figure out how to keep the mounts (datasets?)
> between boots.

zfs=YES in rc.conf ?

I use it every day and have nothing else.

> I've googled and most of the things I've read haven't really seemed to
> apply, and seem to be from several years ago to boot.
>

> Is there any tutorials or netbsd-specific pages I can read to get
> started with?

I don't think there is a lot of ZFS NetBSD specific out there. I do
not have at present a decent setup to test ZFS the way it usually is
used in large storage appiances with many disks, vdevs and pools; I
have just one 32GB MSata device used for file systems and a 250GB disk
used for zvols, the latter either shared via iSCSI or used directly by
NVMM virtual machines. I do use occasionaly snapshots and have tested
send/receive, but that's all.

--
----