NetBSD ZFS basics?

Hi

I'm playing with netbsd on virtualbox. Because NetBSD can't boot from ZFS (for now) I have two disks; a small one for the system and a larger one to put zfs and other things on.

I've figured out how to create and destroy pools and datasets; but I haven't been able to figure out how to keep the mounts (datasets?) between boots.

I've googled and most of the things I've read haven't really seemed to apply, and seem to be from several years ago to boot.

Is there any tutorials or netbsd-specific pages I can read to get started with?

Thank you for your time