Re: disklabel generating wrong fstype

mlh wrote:
> Michael van Elst wrote:
>
> > The data doesn't suddenly become a FAT filesystem when you tag the
> > partition as MSDOS. Since the original type (from MBR) was NTFS it
> > is probably an NTFS filesystem.
> >
> > But you can now format sd0e as FAT filesytem with newfs_msdos (deletes
> > all data) and then mount it.
>
> And it shows up as a FAT32 filesystem everywhere even though it
> shows to be a 128G. I thought FAT32 couldn't be that large so
> suspected it was wrong.

I was wrong. When I used fdisk instead of disklabel and then
formatted with newfs_msdos, the windows laptop then recognised the
card as an exFAT format. Using disklabel didn't provide this.

So yet again, fdisk appears the better solution. Just can't format
an exFAT card using Windows and have it work with NetBSD, apparently.

Thanks!