Re: Strange behaviour on PCEngines APU2

Greg Troxel wrote:
Staffan Thomén<duck%shangtai.net@localhost>  writes:

Christos Zoulas wrote:
Any suggestions?
Use a powered usb hub.
That would be very inconvenient as the server is rackmounted and
there's only IE320 C14 outlets in the rack. Could you please elaborate
on this? Is the device drawing too much power? According to usbdevs it
seems to want 90mA.

I think Christos's theory is that very often, there are problems in USB
due to power, and that absent being 100% sure that this isn't the case,
testing with a powered hub is useful.

I suppose  you could also use a non-powered USB2 hub.

Turns out a powered hub did not solve the problem. I left it in overnight and when I woke up it was back to pseudo-hung.

Right now I've removed the usb devices to see if it recovers.

Staffan