Re: Letsencrypt certificates

On 10/22, Steve Blinkhorn wrote:
> > On 10/22, Andreas Gustafsson wrote:
> > FWIW, certbot from pkgsrc works for me (py27-certbot-0.27.0 on NetBSD 7.2).
> Isn't it a strange idea to have packages named first for the language
> they're written in and only second by a name that suggests their
> function?  Is Python a cult, I begin to wonder, forcing people to read
> through lists of unwanted names in the hope of finding what they want.

That is rather strange.  If it were a library, I could understand, but
when the software is clearly called Certbot at

  https://certbot.eff.org/

and the distfile is certbot-<version>.tar.gz, it's surprising that the
pkgsrc package name is not just certbot.

I don't think it's a Python thing since there are packages for programs
in pkgsrc written mostly in Python that have not done that.  For
example, there's

  devel/mercurial

But wait, what?!  It seems that

  devel/mercurial

is a meta package that includes

  devel/py-mercurial

So, maybe it *is* a Python thing!  That seems really bizarre.

pkgsrc Masters, what's the story?

Lewis