Re: Write an install image to a flash drive?

Thanks for your reflections on USB sticks and booting therefrom!

I know I am going to do more experiments with them. I bought two 64 gig sticks, one of which I used to upgrade my 'current' NetBSD machine, but the other is still in its package. Not sure what I will do with it.

I would like to have a USB stick that would boot up to a running Netbsd system that is presenting me with a login prompt, rather than defaulting to the sysinst interface with which the install.img presents one.

I'm certain this is child's play for the wizards around here, and I use that term only with immense respect, because the incredible level of expertise shown by many on this list is only ever gained by work, work, work, and work, followed by more um WORK! <g>

Thank you -- a bit wordy here this afternoon (in New England).

--
Poobah