Re: Write an install image to a flash drive?

>   | I _can't imagine_ how many stupid things I just did, but could
>   | someone please tell me how to get that install image onto the
>   | flash drive in a form that will boot?
>
> You cannot.  "That" image is in ISO format, which have a booting
> method unique in the universe.  You need an image set up for booting
> from a memory stick, which is much more similar to a regular drive
> than a CD (ISO format).

*Some* BIOSes allow booting USB sticks even if they contain ISO images.
I'm certain I've done it a few times with Ubuntu images. But last time I
tried it with a NetBSD ISO image, it failed. (But I'm not sure if I
actually tried it on the same computer for instance, or if maybe the
Ubuntu images contain something special to make this possible).

-Olaf.
--
Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert -- rhialto at falu dot nl
___  Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on