Re: How to compile x86_64 NetBSD Xen domU PV kernel and userland

On 08/21, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 01:34:12PM -0500, J. Lewis Muir wrote:
> > On an amd64 NetBSD 8 stable kernel and userland system (i.e., tracking
> > the netbsd-8 branch), how do I compile a NetBSD 8 stable kernel and
> > userland to run on an x86_64 Xen domU in PV mode?
>
> Nothing special about userland. The kernel you need is XEN3_DOMU -
> ... or I might be misunderstanding your question.

I think you understood perfectly; I just couldn't find it!  I was
looking in

  /usr/src/sys/arch/xen/conf

but based on your reply, I found XEN3_DOMU in

  /usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/conf

So, for using build.sh, I just specify XEN3_DOMU for the kernel name
instead of GENERIC?  In other words, instead of

  ./build.sh -O ../obj -T ../tools -U kernel=GENERIC

I would do the following?

  ./build.sh -O ../obj -T ../tools -U kernel=XEN3_DOMU

Thanks!

Lewis