Re: Write an install image to a flash drive?

On Tue, 20 Aug 2019, Bob Bernstein wrote:

> I want to use a flash drive instead of a CD to upgrade from an
> old 'current' to our latest. This is being done on an ancient
> emachine amd64:

"ancient"

In my experience some old systems just won't boot from USB flash disks
well. In some cases, I have had to try over five different flash disks
until I found one that worked.

Did you get any error message or information before it reverted booting
from your hard disk?