Re: Write an install image to a flash drive?

On Tue, 20 Aug 2019, Bob Bernstein wrote:

I am doing all this on the netbsd system I want to upgrade.

Okay, I am able to boot the netbsd on the flash drive and begin the upgrade, but I have hit a snag when it comes time for that flash drive to be mounted: "incorrect super block."

I'm wondering: was there any preparation of the flash drive that should have been done before dd'ing the install-image.img onto it? Formatting? Filesystem? MBR?

Thank you

--
Poobah