Re: Write an install image to a flash drive?

I would grab either 9BETA image or current. Get the image that ends with .img.gz. For example:
 http://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-9/latest/images/NetBSD-9.0_BETA-amd64-install.img.gz

Then, according to the NetBSD guide (page 5 if you printed out all 365 pages, as I did) you find a section labeled "Booting the install system from USB." Section 2.2.6.1 to be exact. Once the image is downloaded, from the command line prompt:

$ gunzip NetBSD-9.0_BETA-amd64-install.img.gz
$ dd if=NetBSD-9.0_BETA-amd64-install.img of=/dev/sd0 bs=2m

Of course, substitute /dev/sd0 with whatever your USB device is. I noticed that the manual uses a block size of 2m instead of one; however, I do not believe using bs=1m or bs=2m will make a difference.

What platform are you using to create the USB install device? Mac? Linux? NetBSD (my personal favorite)?