Re: /usr/pkg and unprivileged pkgsrc in parallel

> If the pkg_chk "binary" compiled in /vol/pkg/20190803 looks in /usr/pkg
> at all, I'd say that's a bug, and patch welcome.

As I said, I am bad at guessing, so what's the correct approach here:

The problem is, that pkg_chk tries to determine PKGSRCDIR and
LOCALBASE and gets both wrong. The code in extract_mk_var() seems not
to be working as intended. LOCALBASE is set correctly later, because
it is defined in mk.conf generated by bootstrap, but PKGSRCDIR is
empty and thus assumed to be /usr/pkgsrc.

So I added PKGSRCDIR to mk.conf, and pkg_chk behaved as intended, i.e.
neither pkgchk.conf nor binary packages were assumed to be under
/usr/pkgsrc.

So the easy fix would be to have bootstrap also generate a definition
for PKGSRCDIR in the initial mk.conf. The hard(er) fix would be to
help pkg_chk in guessing the correct values if they are not explicitly
defined. Opinions?

--
Joern Clausen
https://www.oe-files.de/photography/