Scanning a not configured atabus?

Hello,

If, at boot time, a SATA disk is attached (possibly with eSATA
connection), the corresponding atabus? is configured and one can
detached the disk and, later, re-attached it by rescanning with
drvctl(8) the atabus? .

But if, at boot time, this atabus? has not been configured, is there a
way to force a running kernel to attach it?

I tried to rescan the parent pci device but to no avail.

I tried to explicitely set in the kernel config the atabus present (by
expanding the atabus* at ata?: atabus0 at ata? etc.) but this doesn't do
the trick either.

Is there one (trick)? Or is there a way, in the kernel config file, to
force the configuration of all the atabuses so that the atabuses always
exist?

TIA
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                       http://www.sbfa.fr/