Re: Rust with 9 Beta

FYI: replacing curl by building in pkgsrc clears this problem up.
I am not sure why they say "ignorance is bliss," it seems to be causing me pain.

I will reinstall from scratch and pull in pkgsrc current and start again.

On 8/1/19, 9:06 AM, "Greg Troxel" <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:

    Ron Georgia <netverbs%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

    > I did a fresh install for 9.0 BETA. Built pkgin from source,
    > /usr/pkg/etc/pkgin/repositories.conf points me to
    > http://cdn.NetBSD.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/8.0_2019Q2/All. So
    > far almost everything I need installs. I did have to softlink a few
    > expected libraries in /usr/lib to a later version. i.e. one package
    > wanted libcrypto.so.12, but that was not present, so I linked it to
    > so.14.

    packages from 8.0 are not expected to work on 9, in general.  If you
    update from 8 to 9, they probably are ok, as long as *all* the packges
    you use are from 8.

    Providing libcrypto.so.12 via a copy of libcrypto.so.14, instead of the
    actual contents, is basically a wrong thing to do, takes you into
    undefined territory.  I am not surprised things break, and I don't think
    it's sensible to try to work around this.

    So I suggest that you either:

      hold your breath until there are official pkgsrc packages for netbsd-9
      (that's a joke)

      install 8.1, and then upgrade to 9, and then use pkgin

      I don't really encourage this, but if you want to continue with 9 and
      8 packges, then instead of copying libs to the wrong version, get the
      libs you need from netbsd 8 sets.  This is sort of like
      install-8/upgrade-to-9.   If you do, this, install pkgin from 8 and do
      not build any packages locally.

      checkout pkgsrc (which you did ) and build the rest of the packages
      yourself on 9, and raise issues to pkgsrc-users

    The last option is the most helpful to others, but it's harder.