Re: Laptop Recommendations for NetBSD?

My "intel" laptop is a Lenovo X200 running 8.1 and works great. As far as the "daily driver" goes I still rely on my Mac because my knowledge of NetBSD and crafting a stable desktop is shaky at best... albeit getting better. I do most of my python development on a box running current. All my learning of Rust is on the same box. Almost all my SANS course "homework" is done on that machine. There are a few things that keep me from using my NetBSD box as my daily driver. One is Firefox (v65) crashes regularly. Still trying to figure out why. Video is a little "ify," but that’s most likely due to my ignorance of setting up my intel video. Mate has a core dump from time to time. Audio is still an unexplored frontier, so iTunes it is for now. Other "todo" is to learn xen (or qemu?) in order to be able to run the prebuilt VMs the SANS people build for their courses. So that makes me part of the larger percentage of the "almost daily driver" crowd.

This made me wonder why others chose NetBSD as a desktop or server. I wonder if there is a place we can go to articulate why NetBSD is our poison of choice. I mean, why NetBSD over FreeBSD or OpenBSD or dragonfly or fill-in-the-blank-BSD?