Re: Laptop Recommendations for NetBSD?

On Sat, Jun 22, 2019 at 06:32:55PM -0400, Chris Humphries wrote:
> Mostly, it seems folks don't really run NetBSD on laptops, and if they
> do they're silent about it.
> I personally suspect most people run NetBSD as on servers,
> virtualization (virtualbox or qemu), or toys like old machines/ports
> and arm boards. I'd guess a very small percentage of NetBSD users use
> it as a daily driver.

I didn't have something to recommend, as my laptops are several years old.
and one more reason to not mention them is: NetBSD works on them, but not
completely - mainly wifi doesn't work. A new laptop buyer seeking
recommendation would want everything to work, I think.

But that doesn't imply I don't use NetBSD on daily use machines. I use
ethernet or USB ethernet and use them daily.

I use 1 Dell, 1 asus, 1 hp laptop and 2 Raspberry Pis (total 5 non
servers) and 2 VPS servers running NetBSD.

All laptops are dual boot and have some reason to use Linux (e.g. need of
virtualbox to run a windows application in one case, use of DRM for video
content in 1 case etc.)

Mayuresh