Re: Unable to boot 8.1 on i386

Hoi Martin,

Martin Husemann wrote:
Please try 8.1_STABLE instead, from:

	https://nycdn.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/netbsd-8/latest/i386

There was a bug preventing boot on some i386 CPUs, the fix unfortunately
missed 8.1 by a few days (and I am not exactly sure if your CPU would be
affected, but worth a try).

That path doesn't exist for me

I tried:

https://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/latest/i386/installation/cdrom/

Then i realized this was Head :) However good and bad news: it boots, but as soon as I select the hard disk to upgrade, I get a segmentation fault inside the installer. Fun? I suppose current has then an issue there!

I tried then:
https://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-8/latest/i386/installation/cdrom/

Which is I think what you originally wanted.

and this one boots fine and after tweaking the path do also download the sets from daily, proceeded with upgrade.

Riccardo